EPIC is the ideal solution for the production of booster sets with a maximum of 2 pumps connected in COMBO (parallel). To turn On/Off, the booster simply switch on one of the two inverters. The two EPIC both with pressure sensor and connected together will automatically enter into the Master/Slave configuration and further settings are not required. EPIC will distribute the work on the basis of the real working time of each pump, ensuring the same load on both pumps. In case of failure of an inverter and/or the pump connected to it the second inverter automatically takes over to ensure the water supply.
Epic is a device for the control and protection of pumping systems based on the variation of the input frequency of the pump. Epic controls the operation of the pump in order to maintain constant pressure at various conditions of use.
Advantages of the EPIC:
• Energy and cost savings
• Integrated on PENTAX pumps
• Simplified installation and lower installation costs
• Overload protection of the motor with maximum current setting
• Protection against dry running (adjustable power factor cosφ)
• Automatic restart in case of arrest for dry running
• Remote starting and stopping via digital inputs
• Soft start and stop to increase the life of the system and reduce the absorption peaks
• Connection to another EPIC to achieve alternating combined operation.
• Fuse for input protection of the device
• Recognition and signaling alarms during operation by blinking frequency of the LEDs.
• Contacts (NO or NC) for connection of remote alarms
• Integrated electronic power factor corrector (PFC) to ensure compliance to EN61000-3-2.
Integrated on the pump
Epic can be installed on three-phase pumps as per table 1. When provided on board the pump, the inverter is ready to use as the settings are made during the assembly.
60 Hz engines
Epic is designed to control and protect electric pumps with 60 Hz frequency. It is sufficient to set the frequency on the dip switches located in the inverter board.
Pentax Pumps EPIC VSD c/w Transducer
- Brand: Pentax Water Pumps
- Product Code: 1000-9500